• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whisper Me a Love Song (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Whisper Me a Love Song (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 9 volumes, by Eku Takeshima )

Demographic:

Animation Studio: Cloud Hearts, Yokohama Animation Lab

Genres: romance

Themes: LGBTQ, school, yuri

Plot Summary: At the high school entrance ceremony, a band performs for the incoming freshman. One student, Himari, "falls" for the band's vocalist Yori. When she encounters Yori at the shoe locker she "confesses", thinking that she's just become an avid fan. Yori misinterprets Himari's confession of love for her music and genuine romance and so begins a story of misunderstandings.

Air Date & Platform:
April 13, 2024 (Saturday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

That was fun and sweet. If the first episode is any indication, this show won't be heavy on conflict or angst but I guess we'll see. Always fun to watch a genki/reserved match-up. I'm no big fan of J-pop but I actually liked the music in this.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 am Reply with quote
I thought it was painfully low budget and ultimately stopped watching when I couldn't help but notice the show took every chance it could not to show a character's talking face. "Why are you showing the back of her head when seeing her expression would be beneficial?"

I gave up when Himari's friend pulled out her phone, not for us to look at it but so it'd cover her mouth.

The show has potential which is why it's painful, it just needs time and/or money.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:07 am Reply with quote
I didn't mind the show's clear runarounds to avoid animation. The art was pretty enough to keep me watching. Pretty shots with lots of still frames is better than mediocre art constantly animated in my book, and I enjoyed the music, which was fortunate. Bad or borderline annoying music like the kind that's emblematic of a lot of idol anime would have been a slow death in a show like this, at least for me. Not sure if there's going to be much romantic tension since both leads seemed captivated and dazed at first glance, but they're likable, especially the shy guitarist. Right now, the other lead seems more like a cute puppy with speech capabilities to me, but that should change if/when more conflict or complications arrive when the relationship deepens.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I thought it was painfully low budget and ultimately stopped watching when I couldn't help but notice the show took every chance it could not to show a character's talking face. "Why are you showing the back of her head when seeing her expression would be beneficial?"

I gave up when Himari's friend pulled out her phone, not for us to look at it but so it'd cover her mouth....

They should have gone the Saekano route and shown the girls legs while they were talking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1